SVA is the regions unmatched leader in sports coverage & source for Purdue & College Sports ….
Content by Purdue Athletics – Sports View America …
Please check us out on TWITTER …
Follow us on INSTAGRAM …
LIKE, FOLLOW & Share us on FACEBOOK …
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue (7-4) looks to end its pre-Holiday slate on a high note as it faces No. 17-ranked Butler (10-1) in the annual Crossroads Classic at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis on Saturday. The contest will tip at 2:30 p.m. ET, on BTN with Kevin Kugler and Robbie Hummel on the call. On the radio, Rob Blackman, Larry Clisby and Ralph Taylor will have the call courtside on the Purdue Radio Network and TuneIn.com, beginning with the Purdue Basketball Pregame Show at 1:30 p.m. ET. Live stats will be available on StatBroadcast.com.
• Purdue owns a 39-19 record against Butler, having won two straight games against the Bulldogs. However, Purdue is just 1-3 against Butler in the Crossroads Classic.
• A win would give Purdue eight wins before Christmas for the 12th time in Matt Painter‘s 15 years at Purdue. The lone years Purdue did not win eight games came in 2018-19 (6-5), 2012-13 (5-6) and 2005-06 (5-4).
• The Boilermakers are 83-42 all time against the Big East Conference, but lost earlier this year to Marquette in the Gavitt Games (65-55).
• Purdue has scuffled on the offensive end the last three games, averaging just 61.0 points per game while shooting 38.1 percent from the field and just 24.0 percent (18 of 75) from 3-point range.
• Purdue has outrebounded every team it has played this year, ranking 25th nationally in rebound margin.
• Purdue has held its first 11 opponents to 70 or fewer points, the longest streak since the 2010-11 squad held its first 19 opponents to 70 or fewer points.
• Purdue is 7-0 this year when holding foes to 59 or fewer points. The Boilermakers are 0-4 when allowing 60-plus.
• Purdue is 6-0 this year and 26-1 since the start of last year when shooting a higher field goal percentage than its opponent. The lone loss came to Virginia in last year’s Elite Eight.
• Purdue is 6-0 this year and has won 17 straight games when attempting more free throws than its opponent.
• Purdue is 5-4 this year against unranked teams. Over the two previous years, the Boilermakers were 47-7 (.870) vs. unranked teams. Purdue went 20-4 a year and 27-3 in the 2017-18 season.
• Over the last two games, Trevion Williams has 32 points, 20 rebounds and six assists in 43 minutes played.