WE ARE your Sports Leader & Source for College Sports …
Content by FLORIDA TECH ATHLETICS – SPORTS VIEW AMERICA …
Please check us out on TWITTER …
Check us out on INSTAGRAM …
LIKE & SHARE us on FACEBOOK …
Thousands of Sports Photos located at SVA PHOTOS …
Panther’s record second OT win of the season
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Tech 3, Flagler 2
Records: Florida Tech (2-1, 0-0 SSC) | Flagler (1-2, 0-0 PBC)
Locations: Rick Stottler Field | Melbourne, Fla.
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- The Panther’s first goal, a Guillermo Segovia Marcos header assisted Thibault Chretien came within under the first 2 minutes of play
- With a tied score at the half, 1-1, Flagler out shot Tech 11-7.
- A second Segovia goal in the box would give the Panther’s an early lead in the second half.
- Flagler once again tied it up forcing the game into OT. Both teams fired off 8 shots in the second period.
- It only took Tech 21 seconds into OT to call game. A cross by Fabio Amaral was perfectly placed to Segovia to record the golden goal.
- Flagler outshot the panthers 19-16 with 7 on goal against 5.
- Nick Brady finished with 5 saves on the day.
- The saints ended with more fouls, 10-9.
- Six yellow cards were handed out during the contest, Tech received two of the cautions
“It was another challenging game for us tonight.” said head coach Robin Chan. “It was crucial that we grinded out for a positive end result. Flagler is a strong regional opponent. We learned some tough but valuable lessons out there. This is another game that will help us prepare for our conference slate. The men stayed positive through the match and never gave up. It was an exciting win for our players and fans tonight.”
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Segovia recorded his first career hat trick
- Florida Tech moves to 4-3-1 all-time against Flagler. This was the smallest margin of victory in the series
- Segovia currently leads the SSC with the most points in a game (6) and most goals in a game (3) this season
- Tech moves up to second in the SSC in save percentage logging .762%
UP NEXT: Florida Tech hosts Atlantis Friday, Sept. 17, at Rick Stottler Field. Kick-off is set for 7 p.m.