We ARE your Sports Leader & Source for College Sports …
Content by FLORIDA TECH ATHLETICS – SPORTS VIEW AMERICA …
Please check us out on TWITTER …
Check us out on INSTAGRAM …
LIKE & SHARE us on FACEBOOK …
Thousands of Sports Photos located at SVA PHOTOS …
Panthers shut down Lynn 1-0, make SSC tournament for first time since 2018
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Tech 1, Lynn 0
Records: Florida Tech (8-2-5, 4-2-4 SSC) | Lynn (5-7-1, 4-6-0 SSC)
Locations: Rick Stottler Field | Melbourne, Fla.
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Panthers controlled momentum during the first half, outshooting Lynn 6-1 with a 3-1 edge in corner kick opportunities
- Marem Ndiongue scored the eventual game-winner in the 67th minute off an assist from Mayara Queiroz Reis. With the ball bouncing around in front of the Fighting Knights’ goal, Queiroz Reis collected the ball near the end line and found Ndiongue in front of the net. Ndiongue dodged the goalkeeper and scored to put Tech up 1-0. It was Ndiongue’s third goal of the season and Queiroz Reis’ second assist.
- Tech stayed strong on both fronts the rest of the game and finished with a 10-4 advantage in shots and a 7-1 edge in shots on goal.
- Maria Sanchez Recuero stopped Lynn’s only shot on goal for her lone save for the game. LU goalkeeper Sofia Manner finished with six saves.
- Ndiongue led Tech with four shots, while Queiroz Reis and Alyssa Bartle finished with three and two shots, respectively. All three players had two shots on goal apiece in the game.
“Tonight was a great way to end our regular season,” said head coach Ryan Moon. “We put a big focus this season on doing well at home and the ladies took a lot of pride in that. Our consistency has been vital for us this season and tonight was no different. We have a great group of seniors and it was nice to get the result for them on senior night. We are excited to keep our momentum going into the tournament next week.”
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Florida Tech improves to 14-4-1 all-time versus Lynn.
- With the win, Tech secures a berth into the SSC Tournament for the first time since 2018.
- Panthers finished the regular season undefeated at Rick Stottler Field with a 4-0-4 record. It’s the first time Tech went undefeated on their home field since the 2010 season.
- Tech earns its ninth clean sheet of the season and its sixth at Stottler Field. For Recuero, it’s her eighth shutout of the season.
UP NEXT: Florida Tech is set to compete in next week’s SSC Tournament, which begins Monday, Nov. 8. The semifinals are Nov. 11 and the finals are Nov. 14, each game is hosted by the higher seeded teams. The Panthers’ seed, opponent and location of the quarterfinal matchup is yet to be determined.
For the latest news, updates and information on the Florida Tech women’s soccer team, visit FloridaTechSports.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest Panthers news by following Florida Tech Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.