We ARE your Sports Leader & Source for College Sports …
Content by FLORIDA TECH ATHLETICS – SPORTS VIEW AMERICA …
Please check us out on TWITTER …
Check us out on INSTAGRAM …
LIKE & SHARE us on FACEBOOK …
Thousands of Sports Photos located at SVA PHOTOS …
Leighton records his first goal of the season while Segovia notches his 7th in the 2-0 road win
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Tech 2, Embry-Riddle 0
Records: Florida Tech (4-3, 1-2 SSC) | Embry-Riddle (2-7, 1-3 SSC)
Locations: ERAU Soccer Stadium | Daytona Beach, Fla.
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Florida Tech made their presence known, controlling the offensive momentum during the first half.
- After a far out shot by Juan Masqueda bounced off the left side post, Ian Leighton rushed in for a rebound shot that beat the Eagles goalkeeper to give the Panthers a 1-0 lead in the 24th minute.
- Tech had an advantage in shots 10-0 at the half.
- With under 20 minutes left in regulation, Embry-Riddle came within scoring position but Luis Tovar Romero, Sr. was able to keep it from crossing the line.
- In the 87th minute, Abe Murphy drew a foul in the Eagles’ box to earn a penalty kick for the Panthers. ERAU’s Jack Crichton blocked the PK, but Guillermo Segovia was quick to follow up his shot to give the Panthers a 2-0 win
- The Panthers led in shots 17-4, shots on goal 6-2, and corner kicks 6-1
- Tovar Romero, Sr. finished with 2 saves on the day.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- Florida Tech moves to 8-1 all-time against Embry-Riddle with a 7-game win streak
- Leighton posted his first goal of the season while Tovar Romero, Sr. earned his first win of the season in goal
- Segovia scored six of the Panther’s last nine goals