We ARE your Sports Leader & Source for College Sports …
Content by FLORIDA TECH ATHLETICS – SPORTS VIEW AMERICA …
Please check us out on TWITTER .. Check us out on INSTAGRAM …
LIKE & SHARE us on FACEBOOK …
Thousands of Sports Photos located at SVA PHOTOS …
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Tech 47, Lynn 53
Records: Florida Tech (2-13, 0-10 SSC), Lynn (6-7, 4-5 SSC)
Location: Clemente Center | Melbourne, Fla.
- After Lynn scored the opening bucket of the game, the Panthers went on a 7-0 run, including a 3 from Fanny Paulin and layups by Lina Stranger-Johannessen and Aiste Vaitekunaite, to put Tech up 7-2 with 4:43 to go in the first.
- Lynn answered with a 6-0 run to grab the lead, 8-7, with 1:38 remaining.
- Makyla Daniels converted a layup on the ensuing possession and the Panthers carried a 9-8 advantage into the second quarter.
- Dalma Ehmann finished an offensive put-back to give Tech an 11-8 edge early in the second.
- The teams exchanged baskets before a jumper by Paulin put the Panthers back up by three, 17-14, with 2:04 to go.
- With seconds to go and Lynn leading 20-19, the Panthers found Stranger-Johannessen in the corner for a three-point attempt. She drew a foul on the shot attempt with 0.7 seconds left on the clock and made all three free throws to hand Tech a 22-20 lead at the half.
- Lynn tied the game at 22-22 just seconds into the third quarter on a layup by Kelsi Fizer.
- Vaitekunaite’s three-point play on the ensuing possession kicked off a 10-0 run that gave the Panthers a 32-22 lead with 6:49 left in the third.
- Lynn scored 5 of the final 7 points of the third and Tech went into the fourth leading 34-27.
- Fighting Knights opened the fourth on a 13-6 run to tie the game up at 40-40 on a layup by Brianna Sliwinski with 5:21 remaining.
- Cheyenne Scott scored 3 straight points to put Tech up 43-40 with 3:26 left
- Lynn answered with an 8-3 run including back-to-back threes by Lois Webb to grab a 48-46 lead with 33 seconds remaining.
- Fighting Knights were able to close out the game at the line en route to a 53-47 win.
- Vaitekunaite led the Panthers with 13 points, five rebounds, and one steal on 5-9 shooting.
- Paulin tallied eight points, four rebounds, and game-high four steals.
- Daniels finished with seven points and a game-high seven rebounds on 3-5 shooting.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Tech finished the game shooting 32% (16-50) from the field, 15% (3-20) from beyond the arc, and 66.7% (12-18) on free throws.
- Lynn shot 42% (21-50) in the contest, 23.1% (3-13) from the three-point range, and 66.7% (8-12) at the line.
- Fighting Knights held the advantage in rebounds (34-27), points in the paint (26-16), fast break points (9-6), and bench points (17-14).
- Panthers led in points off turnovers (19-11) and second chance points (5-4).
UP NEXT: Florida Tech hits the road on Jan. 22 to take on Saint Leo in an SSC match-up. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m.
For the latest news, updates and information on the Florida Tech women’s basketball team, visit FloridaTechSports.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest Panthers news by following Florida Tech Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.