Missouri plates eight in the third inning to take the series
COLUMBIA, Mo. – Missouri erased a six-run deficit with an eight-run third inning to claim the final game of the weekend series, 10-6 at Taylor Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The Wildcats fell to 21-15 overall and 5-10 in the Southeastern Conference.
Kentucky went ahead 6-0 after two innings against former Wildcat right-hander Austin Marozas but saw it unravel in the third. The number nine hitter led off with a walk, the next batter was hit by a pitch and an intended sacrifice but was dislodged from first baseman Jacob Plastiak’s glove as the batter ran down the line to load the bases with no outs. After consecutive two-run singles closed the gap, the Tigers added on with an infield single to first, a walk and a third two-run single through the infield.
Sophomore Reuben Church had two more hits and a pair of RBI, while junior Tyler Guilfoil helped steady the game in the middle innings with six strikeouts in 4.0 innings.
- UK has scored in 279 of 282 games in coach Nick Mingione’s tenure.
- UK is 45-of-49 on stolen base attempts this season.
- The UK pitchers have struck out 379 in 36 games.
- Junior INF Chase Estep has reached base safely in 34 of 36 games this season.
- He has a hit in 28 of the last 34 games.
- Sophomore IF Reuben Church was 2-for-5 with a two-run double.
- He has three multi-RBI games this season.
- He has four multi-hit games this season, all in the past five games.
- Junior RHP Tyler Guilfoil struck out six in four innings.
- He has 46 in 25.1 innings this season, 16.3 per nine innings.
Kentucky will travel to rival Louisville on Tuesday. First pitch is at 5 p.m. ET on ACC Network. The radio call will be on the UK Sports Network.